Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Strength for Today

~~~
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Ps. 27
~~~

I don't have to know about tomorrow, all I need to know is what I am to do today. And that is wait. My LORD will tell me what to do, where to go, or to wait another day. I can survive anything (so far) for a day. As long as I know the end will come, He will strengthen my heart and I will make it through. He is my strength, He will help me through my confusing thoughts and feelings. He is my strength when I am over come with giddiness or tears, or both. He is my strength when girls all around me are getting engaged and married, my best non-sister friend included. He is my strength when I miss someone more than expected. He is my strength when my friends are going through crises and turn to me for help. He is my strength when I don't know how to help them. Or what to say.

~~~
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart. O take and seal it; Seal it for thy courts above.
~~~

5 comments:

ActionJackson said...

Great post! Loved it. A good reminder and something I needed to read.

Anonymous said...

Who's getting married?
~ Bandy

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love that song!
~ b.

Anonymous said...

P.P.S. I love that verse, too.
~ b.

Rachel Marie said...

Katie Smith would be my non-sister friend. Not quite engaged yet, but they've been courting for a while now. :-)